Maybe that isn’t the real saying but for my industry, pictures are important but blogs are more important. It is so often that people don’t understand what I do with websites, search engine optimization. Or they fail to see the need to do SEO or to hire someone who does it, so education to business owners is essential. When someone understands SEO, they can truly understand the necessity to have it.
You wouldn’t think to have a home and not clean it or maintain it would you? Well, the same should go for your website – you need to maintain it! How long you ask…for as long as you have the business and the website, plain and simple! The only reasons I could think of for NOT optimization your website is that you have plenty of business or you only use your website for information – which must be obtained by giving them (and them remembering) your website. Otherwise, you want folks to be able to search and find you.
So what’s the deal with blogs?Blogs have huge value for your biz, if you aren’t blogging, you are missing the boat! Get on it! Click To Tweet
- Blogs provide additional keyword rich content on your website for the consumers and the search engines
- When uploading your blog to your website, ideally you should add your title tag and other meta tags at that time that specifically speak to what that blog is about.
- So, while pictures are worth a thousand words, search engines can’t read pictures so be sure to name your pictures and then take advantage of alt tags
- After posting your awesome blog, share it on social media and other social bookmarking sites to help get the word out about your content.
- These are links back to your website – backlinking or inbound links
- Likely you will be talking about something else on your website so use of internal links is ideal
- A bonus is that blogs provide additional content on your website that give you more opportunities to show up in search
- Blogs are also showing that you are an expert in your industry which could ultimately open you up for leads and more business.
Take advantage of your industry and ability to explain what you do for your consumers. There is huge value in blogs for your business, not only for the search engines but for your consumers. After all, if the search engines can’t find you, then likely your consumers can’t either.If search engines can’t find you, your consumers likely won’t either. Optimize now! Click To Tweet
If you aren’t blogging, you are missing out on some great potential to reach consumers, share your knowledge and even share it on social media.
How often do YOU blog, on a regular basis?