When you create a blog for your business, you are doing so much for yourself. You are creating more value for your consumers and providing more content for your website. In doing this, you are giving the search engines more information and content on your website to crawl which gives you more opportunities to show up in the search engine results. Similarly, it’s a catch 22, when you show up in search, you have the potential to reach more potential consumers and provide value to them as well.
So, after you write a blog, what do you do?
Do you share it will your business Facebook page and maybe share that will your friends? Do you post it over on all of your social media channels – I mean all of them? Well, do you? Why the heck not? Let me guess, it’s too much work *in a whiny voice*. Well, if you aren’t being proactive about your blog then you aren’t doing everything you can to share your blog. Either get some help or get off your rump and do it.
Share on social media – no duh right?
I guess the first question would be how often you post on social media. The next would be which social media channels are you actively and consistency using. Then, make sure you add a blog into each day keeping in mind that you have to mix up your content – fun, industry stuff, motivation, your self-promotion selling stuff, quotes, etc. For example, each week I write a new blog for my website and publish a blog over on LinkedIn. I post to Facebook and Twitter on average 7 times a day and post to Google + and LinkedIn on average 2 times a day. Each day I post 1 blog (do the math, I’m only writing 1 a week so my blogs are 97% evergreen) and 1 photo quote (also evergreen) that I typically create. Those go to FB, T, LI and G+. Due to the nature of the beast on FB and T, I post additional fun, industry and engaging stuff. Then over on Twitter I might RT some more. I am currently working on increasing my 7 posts to a lot more over on Twitter as well, but you get the point.Share your blogs on social media and social bookmarking sites to get more visibility Click To Tweet
- Share your blogs at least once on all of your social media
- Share your evergreen blogs over and over on social media
- I’m not just talking about sharing on Facebook and Twitter, but Google+ (it’s Google, hello?) and LinkedIn
- Pin your pictures from within your blog. Hopefully you have more than one so you can Pin a few, or do one now and come back in a day or week and catch up with the others.
- Post your blogs to social bookmarking sites
- Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit and Diijo area few specific ones that I use
- You just create an account, tag, categorize, describe and save each blog
- Each maybe different but the principle is the same, they are links back to your site and if you save them appropriately (keywords w/o spam), you are giving your site SEO power
- If you have a WordPress site, there is a plugin, there is a free version too, called Social Metrics that helps you share to FB, T, LI, G+ and even StumbleUpon and it actually counts how many shares. So, if you are logging in to respond to some comments, why not share a few while you are there, right?
- Another plugin if you have a WordPress site is AddToAny Share Buttons, or if you check out your social sharing plugin, there might be options to have ‘more’. Look into those as that is where all of those other types of bookmarking sites are. Ex – click on the blue + to the left of my blog, most of the extras are listed there. You can do yours on your own website. Easy!
- Heck, while you are at it, if you prefer to keep link shorteners, might as well create a spreadsheet of all of your blogs, and each time you create a new one, get the link shortened ad it to the list
- Don’t forget that if you are in any networking groups that you share your blog with others who may find it useful, or to their Facebook Groups or communities.
Want to know the secret sauce?
What the heck were you thinking, there isn’t a secret sauce – it’s just straight up work and making a plan to get it done when you are posting your blog for the first time!There is no secret sauce - it's just hard work but do it and it will pay off - For Real! Click To Tweet
So here is your checklist.
- Create your blog and accompanied material – downloads, pictures, whatever
- Create and save your link shortener to your list
- Post your blog
- Share it with the shortened link to FB, T, G+ and LI
- Prepare a published post and post over on LinkedIn too
- Pin 1 or a few of your pictures from your blog making sure you add to the description and heck, share it over on Twitter too
- Share to social bookmarking sites
- Delicious, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg, Diijo or others that you see fit, but at least a few
- Be sure you are using any categories, tags or descriptions when available
- Share with other networking groups
So yea, I just made your blog day a little longer and cumbersome but seriously dude, if you aren’t going to do the extra effort to push your blog out and get SEO juice and more eyes on it, tell me why you are doing it in the first place.Suck it up buttercup, having a business is work, just be sure you do it! Click To Tweet
Hopefully this has put that fire under your rear to get your blogs out there. If you have any questions, please let me know or if you need some help with getting your blogs out there or optimizing your blogs/website, please contact me as I am happy to help.
Oh hey, if you do something specific with your blog to get reach.. let us all know in the comments below. I’ll know you didn’t read the whole blog if you didn’t post an answer. Sneaky huh?