Guest blogs have been circling around me lately and I reached out to a few people to blog on my website. Then, more recently I had a conversation with another close friend and business partner about a close circle of resources; and I again mentioned guest blogs so thought it would be ideal to have a discussion about them.Who benefits from guest blog.
Who do YOU think benefits from the guest blog post – the guest writer or the blog website hosting the guest blog? If you answered both, you would be right.
- The guest blogger benefits from having their expertise hosted on another site.
- Likely the host website owner will share the blog which provides extra exposure for the guest blogger.
- Therefore, it is clear that the guest blogger will get more reach and likely from a different audience than just the guest blogger pushing out their own blog.
- The hosting website gets content that could benefit their target market that may not be their typical experience.
- This additional knowledge is pushed out to businesses and furthers the value by more content that is needed by the target market.
- Additionally, the guest blogger will push out the blog on the host website which extends the reach beyond the host website’s normal reach.
Guest blogging benefits the blogger as well as the hosting website in reach and added value to consumer.Click to tweet
Hopefully you are seeing that having a guest blogger on your website as well as being a guest blogger on someone else’s website can benefit both parties for the reasons that both parties receive further reach and eyes on their content and/or website.
So, if you are considering having an ‘inner circle’ so to speak for your referral partners and maybe include a bio,
consider each doing guest posts for each other so that you both can get the reciprocal benefits of valuable content to your target market of business owners.
Social sharing for Evergreen content
One other thing to mention, if you are sharing your blogs on social media on a regular basis because it is Evergreen Content, then you will continue the value, on a regular basis for both parties.
If you have any questions about guest posts, are considering wanting to guest blog for me or would like me to guest blog on your website, contact me or leave a note in the comment below and we can be sure the content would benefit our target markets.