As we approach the end of the year, we need to consider where our business is going and any changes that need to be made for the New Year. Start with taking a look at what you may already have going on and how it’s working for your business. Then, look at what you may not be doing but know you should or need to, then start to plan that into your goals for 2016. Also consider that some things you are doing and well, you really shouldn’t be.
Know you can’t do it all
Understand that we know we can’t possibly do everything, but there are experts that can help you with your business. Consider that there are some of you (okay, us) that still want to have our hands at least into some of it, so take the time to learn enough of what you need to THEN give it away. It’s called delegation. Keep in mind that you would start with tasks/projects/items that you are more comfortable with and that obviously would benefit you and your business. Don’t forget, whatever you aren’t an expert in and you can afford to outsource it, you really need to suck it up and just do it, outsource that is. Consider the money you are wasting TRYING to do something you aren’t rocking at!Do what you excel at and outsource the rest – plain and simple! Click To Tweet
Things that are important for your business
Now let’s just take a quick look at some of the things that you might have done for your business this past year, that you or your business needs or things that you are considering a priority for next year:
- Social media – social media is a great venue for your business and a manner in which you can engage with your following, potential clients, friends and current clients. Know that your clients are there, but also your competitors so it is ideal to consider social media in your overall marketing
- Email marketing – This is similar to the above (social media) but keep in mind that you aren’t always posting when your consumer is online so this is a great venue to bring it to your consumer and stay top of mind. BTW, your list is like the GOLD in your business folks. If you don’t have this, I would say, make this your TOP priority… now!
- Website – Okay, maybe the top priority is to have a website, THEN the email marketing to drive traffic BACK to your website. Keep in mind that whoever holds your website, holds the power so don’t give it away. Be sure you have your own website with your own content and product or services and you pay for your domain name (url) and your own hosting. Gold people!
- Blogging – This is a great way to put you out there as an industry expert in your field and put value in the hands of your consumer via your website, which by the way, having more content on your website makes you more available to your consumers. What? If the search engines can find you and all of your awesome content, then your consumers will be able to search for you.
- Search engine optimization – In other words, SEO is what helps the search engines find you so your consumers can find you. SEO has a lot to do with keyword rich content, titles, meta tags (description, alt tags and header tags) and links. Get to know it.
- Your personal sanity – Okay, well, this is a must at any time, but sometimes we need to be reminded. We can’t have a healthy and wealthy business if we aren’t healthy, right? Find ways to keep your sanity folks.
- Tools – Oh my, this past year I have found a tool that made my life easier. Now, know, that shit happens to good people and I went through a lot of growing pains for a few tools that I use, but in the long run, I’m still thinking I made some great decisions for tools in my business. Tools are what aid us in doing our business more effectively, efficiently and more better. Yes, I just said more better! Check out some of my tools.
- Plan B – As an entrepreneur, we are it! Be sure that you have other options or back-up for should
you get sick, a natural disaster, your computer crashes or you need legal help!
- Goals – Do you set annual goals for your business? These need to be reviewed at least annually and reminder, they need to be SMART – specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound. I’m such a planner but I notice it is kind of something I lack… but it will be a priority for me! (Thanks to Jackie Harder)
- Time management – Another tough one for me and many. Women have been trained to multi-task, but how is it really helping our focus on those tasks? You need to find out what works for you as far as getting your work done right the first time and well. It’s all about prioritizing and keeping your power of your schedule. I am a part of a time management group (free and paid version – also thanks to Jackie Harder) and while I am very organized, structured and the like, still know I have a lot to learn. It’s a small price to pay to take my nights and weekends back. Visit Time Tips Pro
Now, what are you currently doing and how can you incorporate it into your business? And if you are currently doing it, how can you improve? Share with us what you are going to do next year to improve your business, and make it BOOM!
Should you need any help with those goals or time management, don’t ask me… or the sanity, unless you want to go grab a margarita with me. 😉 As far as the tools, social media marketing, website management, email marketing, blogging or search engine optimization – I would be happy to assist – contact me right away to get started. No better time than the present!